Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dress....check!

Well, I did it...I said YES to a dress yesterday!! A wedding dress that is! My mom and I spent the entire day dress shopping for my wedding gown and after 3 1/2 stores (I'll explain later), 50+ dresses, and far too much pulling, tugging, squeezing, tucking, and grunting, I finally found "the one" and I couldnt' be happier!

Of course I'm not posting a picture of it here, in case the Mr. is browsing, but I'll be sharing a pic with my girls on TK soon. (they'll kill me if I don't! lol)

I found the dress at the 2nd store of the day, Dior Bridal in Dearborn. It was the 2nd dress I tried on there. I tried on a ton more, and then put that one back on last...and I still loved it the best. I still had another appointment at another shop where I had ordered a specific dress to be shipped there for me to try on (I had fallen in love with it online) so I knew I couldn't pick the one at Dior without trying that one on first. So, we left Dior, had lunch, and headed down to Trenton. Honestly, I wasn't even excited anymore. The dress that I had shipped didn't match the style of dress that I had been loving 'on me' in the stores. So, I was apprehensive but I knew I had to try it (considering I paid to have it shipped). I tried it on and I was not happy. I didn't like the coloring, the fit, or the fabric. There was one part that I did really like but there was far more that I didn't. I couldn't get the dress from Dior out of my head so I asked my mom if we could go back (20 miles in the other direction) and see it again. She was willing, so we did. Luckily when we got back, my consultant was still there and there was only 1 other bride in the store so I was able to try the dress on again and when I did, it just felt right. I knew that I wasn't going to find anything that I liked as much as this one....this was "the one". We put down the deposit and I will order the dress in January. I am extremely excited!!!

I didn't cry, and I didn't get that 'feeling' that people say they get when they try on the dress. But, I didn't expect to so I'm not worried. I cry over everything, except the things that I think are going to make me cry...so this is normal for me lol.

Now the real work begins...more weight loss and oh boy do I need to tone up my arms and back for this. I guess a little extra motivation never hurt anyone right?!

2 comments:

  1. You are darn straight, you better share pictures with us!! LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the pics on TK and it's BEAUTIFUL! Nice choice!

    I didn't have the "crying moment" either but I'm still so excited about my dress and it was such a rush to order it. Now I can't wait until it comes in - they're saying mid-January!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete