Wednesday, November 18, 2009

First Florist Appointment!




I’m meeting Liz from The Parsonage tonight to discuss flowers for the wedding. I’m excited, but nervous. I’m nervous because I know that I have champagne taste on a beer budget. My (current) favorite bouquet inspiration is this:

(photo courtesy of theknot.com)

See those? Those are orange calla lilies, and green cymbidium orchids…and those are expensive. I know that going in but I have no idea just how expensive they’re going to be. Making my expensive taste in flowers worse is the fact that even though I don’t plan on doing floral centerpieces or other decorations, I will have 1 bridal bouquet, 5 bridesmaid bouquets, 2 (something’s) for flower girls, 10 (yes 10) boutonnieres, and 3 corsages. Um, yeah…

So, we’ll see what kind of sticker shock I encounter when I meet with Liz this afternoon. Everyone that has worked with her loves her and says that she is really great about working with your budget and suggesting alternatives when necessary. I might just put her to the test tonight when I show her what I want, and what I want to spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment