Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Who's that girl? Part 1 (because this could get long)

So, it might help to give you a little background on who I am. My name is Kim. Good enough??

Ok fine…you want more…. I can tell. Well, I currently live with my fiancé’, Matt, and (my involuntarily adopted) cat (whom I love to pieces), Snick.

Matt is an engineer (in every sense of the word, lol, love you honey) and we are getting married on October 1, 2010. I am super excited about the wedding and having a ton of fun planning and finding ideas. My newest addiction is The Knot. The girls on the Detroit board are amazing and I love them (even the ones I haven’t gotten to meet IRL). They keep me busy during the day and always give me something to laugh about.

I am a retired figure skater (I say retired because in my opinion, when you do anything for 14 years and then stop, you earn the title of “retiree”). I really miss it, and I miss the body that came with it too. Damn! Anyway, thanks to Facebook I’ve gotten back in touch with a lot of my old skating friends so it’s nice to see where people’s life paths take them after the makeup and skates are removed.

My family rocks. My parents are divorced but I am close with both of them. Probably closer than when they were married. Although that probably has more to do with the fact that I’m now a grown up, and mature, and can relate to my parents as people as opposed to the mean Mom & Dad that gave me a curfew and didn’t buy me a car for my 16th birthday. I am the youngest of 3 kids, and the only girl (insert evil grin here). Needless to say, even though I didn’t get that car at 16, I was spoiled rotten. I have 2 older brothers, 2 great sister-in-law’s (is that proper grammar?), 4 nephews and 1 niece. Love em all!

More to come…

1 comment:

  1. Yay for retired figure skaters! May I join you in that club?

    ReplyDelete