Monday, November 30, 2009

Front Row Here I Come!

I can't believe that I forgot to blog about this on Saturday when it happened. It might have something to do with the fact that I was functioning with less than 5 hours of sleep..anyway...


The pre-sale for the February 12th John Mayer concert started Saturday morning at 10:00am. We were out late the night before so I set 2 alarms, and made Matt set 2 alarms to ensure that I would be up by 9:45am for the pre-sale. I got up with the alarm(s) and got my ticketmaster account all prepped and ready to go. Pre-sale code in hand, credit card within reach and my finger on the trigger (well, mouse button). I hit refresh continuously from 9:59 on since all clocks are not created equal.


Clock hits 10:00am and I refresh...nothing....refresh again....nothing....refresh a third time...TA DA!! Ok, frantically select the quantity of tickets, price point (most expensive of course, I'm looking for front row please), and enter my pre-sale code. "SUBMIT" ... tick tock tick tock as the system looks for tickets for me. And then it happened...


ROW 1


I got butterflies. Like I had won the lottery. Of course, since I got a side section row 1 and not the center section row 1 I had to open a new window and try again to see if the center section came up. I did, it didn't...and since the timer was winding down on my window to confirm the ticket selection I clicked "confirm" and those bad boys were mine...all mine!


I've seen John Mayer from the front row before. And it is by far the best way to see him. Literally, within feet of one of the most amazing guitar players of all time. And most definitely my favorite guitar player of present. February is just a few short months away and when it gets here...I will be one of "those girls" singing along and looking starry-eyed up at him as if we've got history together. I can't wait.


Here is what John looks like from the front row...definitely worth the price of admission if you ask me :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment